Operation Breakdown of Garment
Breakdown is a listing of the content of a job by elements. A garment consists of some parts & some group of operations. Breakdown means to writing down all parts & all process/operation after one another lying with the complete garment according to process sequence. Prior to defining SAM of the garment, detailed operation break-down is made by engineer. Both manual and machine operations are included in the operation list. It is a must to write down the estimated SMV & type of machine beside each & every process.
- APM, Technician Chief & Work-Study officer must sit together to make breakdown.
- Technician breaks the garments into parts and gathered the parts one after another by operation/Process.
- Then Work-Study officer & APM fix up the SMV of those operation
- By preceding this technique when all process completed need to summarize all process SMV and the total will be called as respective garment’s SMV.
Benefit of Breakdown:
- Can see the all operations of the garment at a time.
- Can anticipate the difficulties of doing critical operation
- Can make layout in a easy, simple & less time consuming way
- Can calculate the SMV for target setting & equal time distribution to the operator during layout.
- Easy to select right operator for right process.
- Can know the quantity & types of machine to make the garment required.
- Can easily achieve the production target within a very short period.
- Can be conscious about quality for fill up the buyers standard
- Can know about additional guide, folder & attachment.