5S represents 5 disciplines for maintaining a visual workplace (visual controls and information systems).
These are foundational to Kaizen (continuous improvement) and a manufacturing strategy based “Lean Manufacturing” (waste removing) concepts.
5S is one of the activities that will help ensure our company’s survival.
- Sort-All unneeded tools, parts and supplies are removed from the area
- Set in Order-A place for everything and everything is in its place
- Shine-The area is cleaned as the work is performed Read more…
Basic Activities of Industrial Engineering:
IE Activities as stated to American Institute of industrial engineering as follows:
- Processes (and methods) selection.
- Selection and design of tools and equipment.
- System design for planning and control of production inventory, quality, and plant maintenance and distribution.
- Cost analysis and control.
- Develop time standards and performance standards.
- Value engineering and analysis system design and install. Read more…