Work Study | Flowchart of Work Study in Apparel Industry
Work study is a generic term for techniques, particularly method study and work measurement, which are used for the examination of human work in all its contexts, and which lead systematically to investigation of all the factors which affect the efficiency and economy of the situation being reviewed, in order to seek improvements.
Work study investigates the work done in an organization and aims at finding the best and the most efficient way of utilizing the available resources (man, material, money and machinery) to achieve best possible quality work in minimum possible time.
When management calls on work -study to improve productivity then they aim at
- Examining the way an activity is being carried out.
- Simplifying or modifying the method.
- Reduce unnecessary or excess work.
- Wasteful use of resources
- Setting up a time standard for performing that activity.
Objective of Work Study
- Lower cost.
- Increase productivity.
- Increase profitability.
- Increase job security.
- To make the work easier.
- Establish fair task for everyone.
- Check achievements against standard.
Benefit of Work study
- It increases productivity at cheap cost.
- It is a systematic and comprehensive method of analyzing a problem. So low factor is overlook in evaluating the problem and finding out the solution.
- It can be easily and quickly implemented.
- It provokes benefit as soon as it is applied and continuous till it is in use.
- It can reduce hazard by developing made of work.
- It is the most accurate method of setting time of performance upon which effective planning and production control relies upon.
- Production quota can be determined for daily or hourly workers.
- Production capacity of a mill or machine can be determined.
Flowchart of Work Study in Apparel Industry
Sample collection from buyer/merchandiser.
Preparing of operation bulletin.
Prepare a machine lay out.
Monitoring the line situation.
Time study and balancing.
Individual operation follows up.
Line wise efficiency, daily report.
Daily lost time analysis